Google Apps For Work
Introducing Google Apps For Work
What about Google Apps For Work?
If you are a looking to start a business and/or already operating a business on a shoe-string budget, you may want to consider Google Apps For Work. The Google Apps suite is a competitive alternative to Microsoft Office Suite except a lot more economical. Google Apps allows you to get a lot more done for a lot less. Subscription is $5 per month or $60 per year and gives you access to the entire Google Apps suite of products.
Following is a list of Google Apps for Work (click on the individual links to learn more about each respective application):
- Gmail – Business email with your own professional domain name
- Google Drive– Save and access your files and other applications from any device or location: including videos, images, Microsoft Office documents, spreadsheets, and PDFs
- Google Hangouts – Video meeting and conferencing including screen share capabilities with up to 15 people from anywhere in the world
- Google Calendar – Never miss an important meeting or event; share and access your calendar from any device from anywhere
- Google Docs– An alternative to Microsoft Word Application. Work collaborative (edit, comment, share) with anyone from anywhere and any device. Compatible with Microsoft Word and PDF documents.
- Google Sheets – An alternative to Microsoft Excel Application. Work from anywhere and any device. Share and collaborate with others and is compatible with Microsoft Excel Application.
- Google Forms– Create and distribute customized online surveys, questionnaires and job applications with “drag and drop” functionality.
- Google slides – An alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint Application. Compatible across all devices.
- Google sites – Create and host your website(s)
- Training– Google Apps Learning Center: Learn how to leverage each app to grow your business here.
Did you find this resource helpful or do you have any questions about this article?
I would love to hear from you; feel free to ask your question(s) or leave us a comment. Don’t forget to share with your friends, colleagues, and social networks.
Rosanna Montoute Learning Specialist | Educational Technologist