How To Create A Blog Or Website With WordPress
What is WordPress?
WordPress started in 2003 with a single bit of code to enhance the typography of everyday writing and with fewer users than you can count on your fingers and toes. Since then it has grown to be the largest self-hosted blogging tool in the world, used on millions of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day.
Everything you see here, from the documentation to the code itself, was created by and for the community. WordPress is an Open Source project, which means there are hundreds of people all over the world working on it. (More than most commercial platforms.) It also means you are free to use it for anything from your recipe site to a Fortune 500 web site without paying anyone a license fee and a number of other important freedoms.
What are the benefits of a WordPress Blog or Website?
- Promote your products and services to a wide audience
- Showcase your creative work to the world
- Create an online portfolio of your work
- Blog about your area of expertise or knowledge
- Communicate with other professionals in your industry
- Stop paying web designers hundreds of dollars to create your website
- And much more……..
The objective of the course: The objective of this micro course is to teach you how to create a basic WordPress blog or website.
What you need in order to follow the course?
You will need to have two browsers open.
- Two open browsers (set side-by-side)
- The course browser
- An open browser to practice the lessons
- A name for your website (start thinking of a name for your website)
- A desire to learn a new skill
- 2 hours (approximately)
- Go at your own pace
What will you learn at the end of the course?
- About WordPress
- What is a Domain Name and how to create a domain name
- What is a Theme and how to select a theme for your website
- What is a post and how to create a post
- What is a page and how to create a page
- What is the WordPress Visual Editor
- What is a Menu
- How to Preview, Save Draft, or Publish your post or page
Feedback and Support
To ask questions, receive feedback and support along the way contact me on Facebook. Here is the link to join my Facebook Group: Social Media Academy
This will be the sandbox for anyone who wants to create their very first website.
There will be nothing perfect, wrong or bad with your creation and your creation will never be judged. Also do not be turned off by the quick learners. Go at your own pace (step-by-step will do the trick).
Remember, you are learning a new skill that will help you start building your online presence.
If you need support, feedback and encouragement do not be intimidated to ask for help.
Questions reach out through the “Contact Us” page in the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Page 1: Intro
- Page 2: How To Follow The Course
- Page 3: WordPress.com Account Setup
- Page 4: Enter A Domain Name
- Page 5: Welcome To WordPress
- Page 6: Creating Your First Blog Post
- Page 7: Editing And Formatting Your Content
- Page 8: Creating Your Frist Page
- Page 9: Previewing Your Website
- Page 10: End Of Course
- Page 11: Introduction To WordPress
This online course is restricted to site members. Register now For immediate FREE access. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register for FREE below.